Commercial Transfer moves Coleg Gwent to new £24m Campus
Opened as part of the new 2750-home development in Horsham, the new Bohunt School in Horsham now provides places for over 1600 pupils from nursery to 16.
Commercial Transfer were chosen to relocate classrooms, furniture and specialist science equipment from their temporary location to the new campus.
Working around school holidays we were asked to provide a complete school relocation solution – including the specialist moving of the science equipment. Due to the schedule, we were asked to complete the move over a 4-day period between the 20th and 23rd December.
With the classrooms in the new school located over multiple floors our teams had the added challenge of ensuring that all crates and boxes were suitable to be transported via the stairwells without damage to either the building or furniture.
Together with long-standing partners, construction specialists Wates, we utilised our Education team to manage and move the school and classroom specialists, calling in our team of qualified Laboratory porters to manage the chemicals and laboratory equipment.
- Move Management: Requiring expertise in both School and Laboratory relocation our Move Manager integrated into the established project team to plan the move programme.
- Carton & Crate Provision: We provided a combination of standard archive cartons and also provided specialist science crate hire for the duration of the move.
- Placing and Reconstruction: Using the detailed floor plan, we placed and rebuilt all furniture ready for use.
- Building protection: as many of the classrooms were over three floors, we supplied and laid all materials required to protect the building, specifically walkways, stairs & stairwells, walls, doors and access routes. Post the move this was removed and ethically recycled.
- Removal Insurance: Full cover for goods in transit was provided.
Delivered on time and in full, the school is now fully operational and welcoming pupils after the Christmas break. The school is now open to 50 teachers and 460 students who are absolutely delighted with the facilities and space they have.
“On Friday 7th January we were awarded Practical Completion for Phase 1 at Bohunt School so I just wanted to pass on my thanks for all the hard work your teams have put in over the last 18 months to get us to this position.”